For more than forty years, families in Southwest Michigan have found the Brookview Montessori School community to be a place where nurturing teachers and parents work together to inspire life-long learning and internally motivated, inquisitive children.
The school and ten-acre campus offer one-of-a-kind opportunities for children infancy through middle school to become independent learners who appreciate and understand their world.
We understand that choosing the right school is an important step for your family and involves many factors. Our website offers you a glimpse into the Brookview community and the daily experiences of our children, faculty, staff, and families.
Brookview Montessori School exists to educate children based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori in an environment of academic excellence that nurtures each child’s growth into a whole, responsible, and integrated person.
Our mission thrives on support from a multi-cultural, diverse, and dedicated community of teachers, staff, parents, and friends who work together to awaken in each child a spirit of inquiry, exploration, independence, resilience, adaptability, self-esteem, service, and respect for all people.
Our vision is to become recognized as the premier provider of authentic Montessori education in Southwest Michigan, from infancy through middle school.
In support of that vision, Brookview strives to create programs that encourage children to reach their full potential.
In order to accomplish this, we:
- Immerse our students in an environment committed to academic excellence
- Develop their ability to use and appreciate the arts
- Promote the development of a lifelong environmental awareness and an ethic of stewardship
- Provide the opportunity to gain fluency in Spanish
- Celebrate diversity in our community
Our Four Pillars
Our vast Montessori curriculum rests on four pillars:
- Stewardship of the environment
- Diversity and inclusivity of all peoples
- The study of Spanish
- Fostering a lifelong appreciation of the arts