At Brookview, we are all about meeting each individual family’s needs. The Admissions Process at Brookview includes several steps to ensure that our school is a good fit for your child and that your child is a good fit for our school.
1. Tour: The first step is to schedule a tour, which may be conducted with or without your child present. For two-parent families, we encourage both parents to attend.
2. Observation: Parents or legal guardians may schedule an additional observation to better understand the Montessori classroom, the educational opportunities we provide, and the children’s daily routine. Brookview staff will be available following an observation to meet with you, talk about your impressions, and answer your questions.
3. Child Visit: You may wish for your child to visit Brookview. The purpose of this visit would be to allow the teacher to meet your child and to introduce your child to the school and classroom. An initial visit lasts for approximately thirty minutes. In some cases, additional visits or a transitional phase may be recommended.
4. Application: When you are ready to enroll, a completed application form must be submitted with a $75 non-refundable application fee. Receipt of your application and application fee does not guarantee placement. New applications are reviewed and placements are made as appropriate openings occur.
Once your child is admitted, the office will prepare an enrollment agreement and tuition and fee statement. A $1000 enrollment deposit (which applies to your tuition) is due upon signing these documents, and will reserve your child’s space in the classroom.
Brookview School welcomes and considers all applications on the basis of equality without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, gender identity or sexual orientation as well as children with moderate exceptionalities provided the school and family agree placement would be appropriate. Brookview School seeks to admit students and families who share and support our educational goals and values.
The following priorities are observed in determining admission:
- Classroom space availability
- Currently enrolled students
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Balance of ages and genders in each classroom
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- Student Evaluation
For infant, toddler, and primary programs, admissions decisions are made by the teaching and administrative staff, and no interview is required for the child.
For lower elementary, upper elementary, and middle school programs, admissions decisions are made by the Elementary / Middle School Program Admissions Committee and a brief interview/visit with the prospective student is required for students without previous Montessori experience. In programs with more than one classroom, placement decisions are made by the teachers and administrators.
Financial Arrangements and Required Health Forms
Tuition can be paid all at once, over 9 months, or over 12 months. Monthly plans are processed through the FACTS Tuition Payment Plans. Once your child is admitted, our finance department can help you set up the account online. FACTS charges a one-time $65 fee for this service.
Once your child is admitted, you can set up an appointment with our Office Manager to go over the various forms and documents that are required by Brookview and the State of Michigan.
If a place is not immediately available, your child's name will be kept in our wait pool. As openings become available, we will consider applicants from the wait pool.
Financial assistance is available.